Latenu Fm

Latenu Fm

LISTEN TO PAPA ISRAEL MORNING SHOW CALLED “AKEE” FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY AT 7AM – 9:30AM

    Over 200 BECE candidates stranded in Bunkpurugu

    BECE1

    Over two hundred illegible candidates for this year’s Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE), from two communities in the Bunkpurugu District of the Northern Region, could not take part in the ongoing exams which commenced today [Monday] June, 5, 2017.

    According to the Assemblyman for Kambatiak, Duut James Yoogrin, this is due to the change in exams centre.

    He said the new centre was too far from the communities that the candidates hail from. Speaking to Citi News, Mr. Yoogarin said he is in talks with the District Coordinating Director of Bunkrugu t to resolve the matter. “Their previous examination centre is closer to them than where they have now been assigned. They even said they were prepared to wait even for an hour for their previous station to be agreed upon.

    So we went back to the director and told him that he should register all the students at where they usually write their exams because it was better they wrote the exams at their previous centre than the new place.”

    He said they had informed the necessary authorities in the district on the issue. “I had a call from the coordinating director, and he asked me to talk to my kids which I did,” he added. Over 460,000 candidates to write BECE A total of 468,053 candidates are currently taking part in the BECE at various examination centres across the country.

    source: citifmonline.com

    Related Articles

    40801577.295

    Benjamin Borketey Bortei is new occupant of Nungua Black Stool

    The people of Nungua have installed a 37-year-old Electrical Engineer, Nii Bortey Kofi Frankwa II, as the official representative of the Nungua Mankralo, Oblenpong Nunma Nii Alabi Dzenge VI. As a representative of the Mankralo who is the occupant of the Black Stool, Nii Frankwa II, known in private life[…]

    Read More »
    Police-Nkonya-Alavanyo-investigations-1-620x330

    8 dead, residents flee after Fulani, farmers clash in Kwahu

    Over 100 people have been displaced in some parts of the Kwahu East District of the Eastern Region following separate reprisal attacks between Fulani Herdsmen and some community members at Dwibease and Wheewhee communities. So far, eight persons have been reported dead, according to police. Among the dead are five Fulanis and[…]

    Read More »

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *